Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gut-Wrenching

This week I lost several friends.

Not lost as in "at sea" or "to the sin of gluttony" but, nonetheless, lost. Possibly, forever.

You see, this week I saw how it really doesn't matter in the end how hard you work, how loyal you are, nor how great the accumulated values of you're contributions are. It just doesn't matter because, in the end, you're not even so much as a line-item on some bean counter's spreadsheet but, merely, a bean.

This week several of my fellow "beans," of whom I sincerely refer to as friends in addition to being trusted colleagues, were shown the proverbial door. In many ways they just seemed to have lost the job lottery - nothing more, nothing less.

They're hurting. I'm hurt. And..., this sucks.

Alas, life will go on. So, farewell, my friends. Farewell and let hope be your guide.

Your Constant Friend and Now-Former Colleague,
Danny


Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus